Wednesday 5 March 2014

Absorption and sharing of information

I have never used Scoop.it, and already I am clicking on links and information just because of the LibraryLink provided in the 23 Things NB blog, and from there I went to another page (Aboriginal Links), then to a YouTube video that I wanted to check out. Just in this small way, it is obvious that these information-sharing-tools make it easy to access and disseminate these information tidbits that you may find relevant to your interests or needs.

Checking Out Scoop.it

I followed the steps I was supposed to, searching through their pre-set topics, for something of interest to me (no cats were present), I chose a 'recommended' music topic (however, and not to be a negative-nancy, but I had a hard time, and it took me a while, to find a music topic of interest to me. I didn't find one until the 5th page....). But after some searches of my own I found a few users/topics to follow!

Of late, and for the first time really, I have been following everything going on with Canada Reads. The debates, the votes, etc. So I harnessed this interest to complete Thing 19 (to share a Scoop.it article on Twitter...P.S. yay for cross-posting--a term I have heard used but have never taken part in myself, what an exciting time in my life). Sharing does feel good, just like my mother taught me, how fun!

Duhduhduhduhduh (that's a drumroll), I went to Twitter to check out my first cross-post-thing and success!!:


No comments:

Post a Comment